Overwatch’s Summer Games event has added some of the game’s best skins yet—and Blizzard really went all out in packing them with details and surprises.
Like Winter Wonderland’s Mei skin, some of these new skins have in-game differences when equipped. Plenty of the heroes have new voicelines that are activated when a Summer Games skin is equipped, but mostly, there’s just a ton of little jokes.
Here’s what you may have missed with on the new Summer Games skins.
- Lifeguard McCree changes McCree’s weapon from his Peacekeeper to the Desert Seagull
- The lanyard around his neck reads “High Tide”
- Instead of a “BAMF” belt, he’s got “SAMF”
- We presume the “S” stands for “Safe”
- Instead of a tumbleweed rolling by during his High Noon ultimate, it’s now a beach ball
- Sock and sandals
- “A Salt Rifle” on his weapon
- Healing stations are now soda cans
- Soda cans also feature an IT Crowd reference on the barcode
- A whole bunch of new voicelines—here’s a few:
- “Get over here and drink up!”
- “Smells like freedom”
- “Huh, only gets better when aged”
- “Tactical sunglasses activated”
- “I love the smell of charcoal in the morning”
- “Get refreshed”
- His apron reads “Raise the steaks”
- Soldier: 76 is now a walking dad joke
- Zarya’s new voiceline is a reference to Ilya Bryzgalov’s infamous “It’s only a game” quote